Fendi Dotcom Flower

When people first began coming to St. Andrews Bay in the 1880s they enjoyed traveling up North Bay to Indian Bluff on Bear Creek and to other nearby locations.

Fendi Dotcom Flower

By 1892 when travelers grew tired of the undependable ferry, McAllister agreed to sell a small piece of land to Washington County so that an 18 foot wide bridge could be built across the creek.

One man praised the Kingfisherand said "Long may she continue to make her daily trips from Bayhead to St. mail."

When the Bayhead post office opened at the head of North Bay in 1895, McAllister closed his Maxville post office.

Fendi Dotcom Flower

During the Civil War, blockade runners maneuvered their way up and down the creek. In April 1862, Lt. Elnathan Lewis and his men on board the bark Pursuitcaptured the 500 ton side steamer Floridanear the mouth of Bear Creek. The Floridawas a blockade runner seen loading cotton near the mouth of Bear Creek.

The waters, fed by Bear and Econfina creeks, ran into North Bay, which merged with West Bay and the gulf. Owners of large gulf fishing boats used the area for winter quarters and for protecting their vessels during hurricanes. But in spite of its popularity many had never been to Indian Bluff.

But things changed after the dam was constructed across North Bay in 1961. Water levels changed drastically, and boaters could no longer sail up North Bay to Bayhead, Cedar and Econfina creeks.

Fendi Dotcom Flower

Fendi Dotcom Flower

After a long sail up North Bay, 25 Yankees stormed the ship from two launches. They encountered little resistance because of the early dawn attack. The Feds did encounter trouble, however, bringing the Floridadown the bay. They ran aground in mid channel on an oyster bar near College Point and again near what's now Bailey Bridge in Lynn Haven.

Fendi Dotcom Flower

Fendi Dotcom Flower

Eventually McAllister's became a shipping point for turpentine, rosin and cotton.

After the war, farmers on their way to the bay stopped around Bear Creek to camp. Bear Creek also served as the stopping place for hacks running between Chipley and St. Andrews. One of the first people to take advantage of this location was Confederate War veteran John W. McAllister who took up a homestead here in 1890 that included a landing. He built a general store, a blacksmith shop and a new two story house complete with windows, something not seen then in many homes. On Aug. 29, 1889, he opened the Maxville post office in his store.

The Old Bay Road, the first trail to the bay, passed by here. Farmers from Econfina and Holmes Valley used this path to haul cotton, corn, sugarcane and tobacco from their plantations to nearby Bayhead where it was shipped to other gulf ports and overseas. 29, 1854. A few years later a storm washed the bridge away, and the ferry was placed back in service.

The Warren Williams family, who hailed from Milwaukee, owned the amusement place. They claimed the people who lived on the beaches year round were their best customers because the location offered fresh water in place of salt and other forms of amusement. Williams, who operated a restaurant on the site, was known for his "Milwaukee Special," liverwurst on rye with a large slice of onion.

´╗┐Indian Bluff once popular with visitors

Fendi Dotcom Flower

When people first began coming to St. Andrews Bay in the 1880s they enjoyed traveling up North Bay to Indian Bluff on Bear Creek and to other nearby locations.

From the clear and shallow waters, fishermen pulled large mouth bass, bream, catfish, warmouths, speckled trout in season and the usual pan fish. Veterans claimed the common bass was as delicious as rainbow trout. Their slogan became "every fish you catch is groceries."

Bear Creek.

Fendi Dotcom Flower

Fendi Dotcom Flower

After a long sail up North Bay, 25 Yankees stormed the ship from two launches. They encountered little resistance because of the early dawn attack. The Feds did encounter trouble, however, bringing the Floridadown the bay. They ran aground in mid channel on an oyster bar near College Point and again near what's now Bailey Bridge in Lynn Haven.

After tossing 30 bales of cotton overboard, Lewis wound up paying the Confederates about $1,000 to help them get the Floridadown the bay to Hurricane Island before sailing it to Key West.

On July the Fourth, more people arrived early in time to enjoy a "fish fry breakfast." A Rev. Bryan served as the speaker that day. Ware, Capt. David Witherill, a Mr. Russell and Martin Post of the Bayhead store came up in the launch Kingfisher. A number of young people accepted Ware's invitation to take a Fendi Studded Backpack Replica

After tossing 30 bales of cotton overboard, Lewis wound up paying the Confederates about $1,000 to help them get the Floridadown the bay to Hurricane Island before sailing it to Key West.

place on Bear Creek, served as the site of a big picnic on July 4, 1896. E. Spiva came with his seine and caught all the fish the crowd desired.

The Old Bay Road, the first trail to the bay, passed by here. Farmers from Econfina and Holmes Valley used this path to haul cotton, corn, sugarcane and tobacco from their plantations to nearby Bayhead where it was shipped to other gulf ports and overseas. 29, 1854. A few years later a storm washed the bridge away, and the ferry was placed back in service.

In the mid 1900s, Indian Bluff Resort became popular. It offered everything for the tourist and native seeking "Florida in the raw." Those who came here found it abounded with clear, sand Fendi Dotcom Flower bottomed streams teeming with fish and surrounded by game birds. For the sightseer, the landscape changed continually from the typical swamps and cypress trees to streams edged by pines, oaks and brush.

After the war, farmers on their way to the bay stopped around Bear Creek to camp. Bear Creek also served as the stopping place for hacks running between Chipley and St. Andrews. One of the first people to take advantage of this location was Confederate War veteran John W. McAllister who took up a homestead here in 1890 that included a landing. He built a general store, a blacksmith shop and a new two story house complete with windows, something not seen then in many homes. On Aug. 29, 1889, he opened the Maxville post office in his store.

Indian Bluff was said to be built on an old Indian burial grounds. In 1959, visitors paid 10 cents per person for fishing, picnic tables, barbecue grills, horseshoes, basketball, a baseball diamond, water skiing, shooting range and dance pavilion. Boats, fishing tackle and bait were also available.

launch ride up Bear Creek as far as the bridge followed by a short stop at the mouth of Econfina Creek.

Two years later, McAllister drilled a deep well that produced crystal clear sulphur water. Many came to drink from this well convinced the medicinal water had beneficial qualities for kidney and liver ailments.

During the Civil War, blockade runners maneuvered their way up and down the creek. In April 1862, Lt. Elnathan Lewis and his men on board the bark Pursuitcaptured the 500 ton sidewheel steamer Floridanear the mouth of Bear Creek. The Floridawas a blockade runner seen loading cotton near the mouth of Fendi Iphone Case

Fendi Dotcom Flower

Indian Bluff, a popular gathering Fendi Zebra Bag

Fendi Dotcom Flower

Burberry Bags At Bloomingdales
Fendi Hobo Bag Logo Price

Fendi Peekaboo Whipstitch

Fendi Wallet Polyvore

Burberry Purse Red
Bag Fendi Ebay

Burberry Wallet Trifold
Fendi Clutch Bag

Fendi Wallet Blue

Burberry Iphone 8 Case
Fendi Karlito Tote Bag

Fendi Purse Logo

Fendi Tote Replica

Fendi Purse Outlet

Burberry Mini Purse

Home / Fendi Dotcom Flower